Monday, April 17, 2006

Random Projects I've Worked On




I've been doing building and remodeling since I was about ten--my family restored a beautiful old farmhouse when I was a kid, doing pretty much all the work ourselves. Then we moved to Missouri and built a STRAW and stucco house when I was 16. (The big bad wolf couldn't even blow it down).

When I left home, I worked in agricultural construction--doing chicken house equipment.

My summer job through far too many years of school was construction: framing, trim, siding and a lot of other stuff.


Summer '05 took me back to Missouri to oversee a house built as a fundraiser. We completed the majority of the work in 3 months, with nearly all volunteer labor, and raised around $30K. The pics on this page are from that project--they were the photos I had at hand.

Since then I've been working doing mostly framing in some of Columbus' upscale neighborhoods: Dublin, Worthington, Tartan Fields, German Village. I also worked renovating a grand, but run-down old house into 3 beautiful living units: 8 inch-wide heartwood pine trim, 11 foot ceilings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home